Monday, October 6, 2008

Play Play Play

Here are some fun pictures of the boys from this week. My camera is doing something funky so the quality is awful. Looks like I'll be breaking down to buy a new one sooner rather than later (ARG!). Anyway ... Tyler and Parker were exhaustingly and wonderfully perfect this week. We had loads of fun going from activity to activity. I love this stay at home thing ... so many fun things to do during the day. (Although as I write this the boys are with their dad so I may be talking via a euphoric high from my 4 hour nap!). Regardless we've been having a great time. Bonding time by the boys
(although If you'll notice in this picture ...
Tyler is holding Parkers pacifier ...
I'm sure he was on P's playmat under false pretenses to
STEAL THE PACI!)
The fun slide at the Wiggly play center ... this has been our
Wednesday hang out. It's great because they serve lunch
here so we can stay for several hours!
Tyler has a blast ... P sleeps :)

The Fam
(Love that face Ty ... he looks mad but really Elmo was on
and he is GLUED to the TV ...
can't be bothered for a picture)

The Library on Friday for Storytime and Puppet Show ...
this was Rayanne's find ... and Tyler loves it!


The beautfiul sleeping boy ...
notice drool on my shirt (lovely!)
ohhhh the wonderful perks of mother hood!

Trying on Halloween costumes ...

Showing off our new Anthony (The Wiggles) ... Nana and I found these at Toys R Us ... Tyler has slept with them several nights, and I LOVE listening to him through the door talking to each Wiggle (He actually referenced them by name ... "Anthony right here" ..."Jeff sing").
Pretty funny! (but really so fun to watch Tyler's imagination Develop!)

Angel

Future ROCK STAR!

A few more weeks left to soak in all this day time fun and then its back to work ... but I have to tell you I'm having A BLAST! Tyler is so so sweet and super helpful. I'm learning to utilize his ability to take direction by having him put dirty clothes in the laundry room, help pick up his room, retrieve things from the fridge, throw things away in the trash can. He's SO cooperative its crazy. He also compromises really well so if he's not TOTALLY on board sometimes I can reason with him ("sure you can have apple juice, after you drink your milk")
This definitely helps when he has his two year old moments, because I know it's not his nature to "melt down". Holding onto the vision of my cooperative two year old helps me maintain sainity when we must resolve to TIME OUTS (But I'm certain all mom's chant to themselves: "BUT HE'S SUCH A GOOD KID" when they are cleaning out playdough from the carpet while their child wails in time out). Oh happy days! kisses and hugs to all!

3 comments:

Mrs. Cindy Hull said...

Can life get better than this? They are precious boys and you are a great mom! The boys look like they enjoy their many events during the week. What a social calendar! Now, you need to get one. Hmmmm.

Jen Merrill said...

thank you so much for the new pictures of the boys! i want one JUST LIKE THAT! we lover you and think of you and rah all the time.

Unknown said...

you guys have so much fun all together! The perks of living in a big city... always having options. I'm dreading winter and being stuck in-doors. I love your little family! Can't wait to see you all at Christmas!