Monday, February 2, 2009

SINGLE ... eek!

So I had my first singles mixer Thursday. The series is entitled "Hooked up" ... As for me ... I was TERRIFIED. Showed up in jeans and running shoes ... because that felt comfy and left me feeling slightly confident (at least if neccessary I could run away easily :) My new balances would carry me, right?!).

Showing up 20 minutes late (typical) I walked smack dab into a room of 600 ... yes thats SIX HUNDRED singles, who are members/friends of members at my church. And if THAT wasn't scary enough ... MY TABLE (to which I had to walk THRU 600 people to get to) was ON THE STAGE!!! HOLY CROW. Only 3 tables on that stage and out of 60 tables! THE LUCK!

ONE BIG THING I did LEARN ... I have to figure out the answer to all those token "first date" questions. Someone asked me what my favorite movie was ... I totally blanked ... all that flashed in my head was THOMAS THE TRAIN ... I've got work to do I think :)

All in all it was fun. Hmmmmm.....

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh girlie, how fun! You're such a sweet person, I just know that you will be swept off your feet by the most perfect man ever. Someone to love and cherish you and T + P for all of eternity!!! The best is yet to come!!!
Now, Tommy is off on Wed. and Thur. I am meeting Katrina at Target on Wed., to shop for a baby shower and would love to stop by your house if you will be there. I mean it...I PROMISE! Matter of fact, I might just leave them on your door! I know I didn't send the picture, I am sorry! Forgive me :) Really Wed or Thur this week....okie-dokie!!!

The Falco Family said...

Gotta love a two year olds mind!! That is so funny about the poop conversation...where do they learn stuff like that...its amazing what they put together and learn at such a young age! Im excited about getting dunked too....it will be so special! Love you

Lindsay said...

Ok ma'am, I'm going to need a blog update! :)

What day are you off this coming week...you order is ready & I will bring it to you whenever you want!!!
Thanks Babe!
Lindsay